As a Compliance Management Company
Salco maintains membership in several trade and professional organizations. These memberships, and our participation, helps to ensure that our customers are fully-informed of developing issues, and that we maintain leadership status by promoting scientifically-based and practical solutions to achieve compliance.
VP, Technical Consulting & Engineering Services
AAR Circular Letter Summary (Downloads)
|May 18||Jun 18||Jul 18|
|Oct 18||Nov 18|
- Rail and shipping corporate compliance assessments (FRA/PHMSA with PSM integration).
- Rail transportation consulting regulatory support.
- Tank car qualification and maintenance plan work instructions (49CFR180.509)
- Plant operator hazmat and railcar training (Examination before shipping: railcar, highway cargo tank, ISO containers, and closed container blocking and bracing).
- Repair Shop single car air brake training.
- Various shop function specific procedure development and training.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks design capabilities.
- Design for ease of fabrication (lean manufacturing).
- Quality improvemnet initiatives (Kaizen).
- Failure analysis including corrosion, mechanical, in-service and in-plant litigation support and developement of corrective action to prevent recurrence.
- Metallurgical and welding engineering support, including process and procedure developement and oversight of process implementation at the facility level.
- Railcar design, modification and repair engineering.
- Research, engineering and product development.
- Reliability analysis of fleet maintenance data.
- Railcar third-party inspection services.
- Inspctor and AAR field manual training.
- FRA/OTMA management and root cause analysis.
- Manufacture and repair facility car inspections covering inbound inspection, estimate generation, in-process inspection, final inspection, and customer acceptance
- Pre-acquisition and lease return inspection.
- JIC inspection representative.
- Damage inspection on railroad property (with proper permission), storage facilities and customer property.
- Inspection for failure analysis and failure prevention engineering services.
- Evaluation of in-plant railcar damage.
NDT and Welding Support
- AAR Field Manual Rule 82, AWSD 15.1 compliance, mobile on-site welder training, bend-testing and immediat qualification.
- Welding program development and AWSCWI support.
- Work with shop floor personnel during implementation of new processes, including post implementation surveillance and follow-up assistance.
- Auditing and surveillance.
- ASNT NDT Level III on-site services (training, written practice and procedure development.
- AWSD 15.1, AAR Appendix W, ASME Section IX welding procedure development, and training and welder qualifications.